- This event has passed.
The Forest Cup (Remote)
May 17, 2020 @ 11:00 am - May 24, 2020 @ 12:00 pm
PoGo Findlay’s eighteenth PvP Tournament is the Forest Cup! We are joining forces with Bowling Green PoGo community again! NOTE: Due to COVID-19 this is a remote cup! Coordination of rounds will happen in the #tournament-chat channel in the Discord server.
A list of interested battler’s friend codes can be found in this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEhclOz6-vDHwyiqFaHI6RxPy-Fx4exXnvHF8HNQGGU/
This is a FREE event! This is a Swiss style tournament and will have 4+ rounds. The check-in code will be generated on 05/17/20 at 11:00 AM, and then check-in will close for tournament start at 3:30 PM. Please try to be available at tournament start so we can move through the rounds as quickly as possible.
Pre-Register your Pokemon (must be done BEFORE tournament start): https://silph.gg/t/ds6u/
NOTE: You do NOT need a check-in code to pre-register. The check-in code is for checking in when the event starts.
- Competitors will bring a team of 6 Pokemon (and register them before the tournament begins). All battle parties used must be comprised of these 6 Pokemon.
- Matches are played in Great League: only Pokemon under 1500 CP are permitted in the Cup.
- Forest Types: Only Pokemon with Grass, Bug, Water, Fire, or Electric types are allowed, with a few exceptions:
- All Pokemon must originate in Generations 2 (Johto), 3 (Hoenn), 4 (Sinnoh), or 5 (Unova).
- Shadow Pokemon, Genesect, Tropius, and Raikou are not permitted in the Forest Cup due to availability constraints and, in Tropius and Raikou’s cases, to feature wider variety of species.
- Eligible List: Abomasnow, Accelgor, Alomomola, Amoonguss, Ampharos, Anorith, Ariados, Armaldo, Azumarill, Barboach, Basculin (Blue-Striped Form), Basculin (Red-Striped Form), Bayleef, Beautifly, Bellossom, Bibarel, Blaziken, Blitzle, Breloom, Budew, Buizel, Burmy (Plant Cloak), Burmy (Sandy Cloak), Burmy (Trash Cloak), Cacnea, Cacturne, Camerupt, Carnivine, Carracosta, Carvanha, Cascoon, Celebi, Chandelure, Cherrim (Overcast Form), Cherrim (Sunshine Form), Cherubi, Chikorita, Chimchar, Chinchou, Clamperl, Combee, Combusken, Corphish, Corsola, Cradily, Crawdaunt, Croconaw, Crustle, Cyndaquil, Darmanitan, Darumaka, Dewott, Durant, Dustox, Dwebble, Electivire, Electrike, Elekid, Emboar, Empoleon, Entei, Escavalier, Feebas, Feraligatr, Ferroseed, Ferrothorn, Finneon, Flaaffy, Floatzel, Foongus, Forretress, Galvantula, Gastrodon (East Sea), Gastrodon (West Sea), Gorebyss, Grotle, Grovyle, Heatmor, Heatran, Heracross, Ho-Oh, Hoppip, Houndoom, Houndour, Huntail, Illumise, Infernape, Joltik, Jumpluff, Karrablast, Kingdra, Kricketot, Kricketune, Kyogre, Lampent, Lanturn, Leafeon, Ledian, Ledyba, Lileep, Litwick, Lombre, Lotad, Ludicolo, Lumineon, Luvdisc, Luxio, Luxray, Magby, Magcargo, Magmortar, Magnezone, Manectric, Mantine, Mantyke, Maractus, Mareep, Marill, Marshtomp, Masquerain, Meganium, Milotic, Minun, Monferno, Mothim, Mudkip, Nincada, Ninjask, Numel, Nuzleaf, Octillery, Oshawott, Pachirisu, Palkia, Palpitoad, Panpour, Pansage, Pansear, Pelipper, Pichu, Pignite, Pineco, Piplup, Plusle, Politoed, Prinplup, Quagsire, Quilava, Qwilfish, Rainy Castform, Relicanth, Remoraid, Roselia, Roserade, Samurott, Sceptile, Scizor, Scolipede, Sealeo, Seedot, Seismitoad, Serperior, Servine, Sharpedo, Shedinja, Shellos (East Sea), Shellos (West Sea), Shelmet, Shiftry, Shinx, Shroomish, Shuckle, Silcoon, Simipour, Simisage, Simisear, Skiploom, Skorupi, Slowking, Slugma, Snivy, Snover, Spheal, Spinarak, Stunfisk, Suicune, Sunflora, Sunkern, Sunny Castform, Surskit, Swampert, Tangrowth, Tepig, Thundurus (Incarnate Forme), Tirtouga, Torchic, Torkoal, Torterra, Totodile, Treecko, Turtwig, Tympole, Typhlosion, Venipede, Vespiquen, Virizion, Volbeat, Wailmer, Wailord, Walrein, Whirlipede, Whiscash, Wingull, Wooper, Wormadam (Plant Cloak), Wormadam (Sandy Cloak), Wormadam (Trash Cloak), Wurmple, Yanma, Yanmega, Zebstrika
- Only one of each Pokemon species is permitted on your team of 6. (No species duplicates!)
- Arena Rules will be followed in all other particulars.
- This is part of the Silph Road’s Ranked Forest Cup.
- The tournament is Swiss style.
- A non-eliminating tournament format which features a set number of rounds of competition, but considerably fewer than in a round-robin tournament.
- In a Swiss tournament, each competitor does not play every other.
- The winner is the competitor with the highest aggregate points earned in all rounds.
- All competitors play in each round unless there is an odd number of players.