- This event has passed.
The Voyager Cup (Remote)
April 18 @ 3:30 pm - April 25 @ 3:30 pm
PoGo Findlay’s seventeenth PvP Tournament is the Voyager Cup! We are also joining forces with Bowling Green PoGo community! NOTE: Due to COVID-19 this is a remote cup! Please coordinate friendship with all interested people (only need one interaction for “Good Friends”) before the tournament start! Coordination of friend codes will happen in the #tournament-chat channel in the Discord server.
A list of interested battler’s friend codes can be found in this document: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pEhclOz6-vDHwyiqFaHI6RxPy-Fx4exXnvHF8HNQGGU/
This is a FREE event! This is a Swiss style tournament and will have 4+ rounds. The check-in code will be generated on 04/18/20 at 12:00 PM, and then check-in will close for tournament start at 3:30 PM. Please try to be available at tournament start so we can move through the rounds as quickly as possible.
Pre-Register your Pokemon (must be done BEFORE tournament start): https://silph.gg/t/e22y
NOTE: You do NOT need a check-in code to pre-register. The check-in code is for checking in when the event starts.
- Competitors will bring a team of 6 Pokemon (and register them before the tournament begins). All battle parties used must be comprised of these 6 Pokemon.
- Matches are played in Great League: only Pokemon under 1500 CP are permitted in the Cup.
- Master the Regions: Rather than selecting a team from restricted types, competitors will build their team based on the region Pokemon are originally from:
- Step 1: Pick one Pokemon from each of the following regions:
- Unova/Alola/Galar/Other (Includes Meltan)
- There are no restrictions or bans on these first 5 slots, as long as you have one Pokemon from each region.
- Step 2: Pick a wildcard. Your wildcard can come from any region, but it can NOT be one of the following:
- Ivysaur, Venusaur, Hypno, Lapras, Dewgong, Wigglytuff, Mew
- Azumarill, Skarmory, Umbreon
- Registeel, Altaria, Deoxys (Defense Forme), Swampert, Tropius, Medicham, Gardevoir, Whiscash
- Bastiodon, Probopass, Cresselia, Togekiss
- Zweilous, Scrafty, Melmetal, Marowak (Alolan), Jellicent, Mandibuzz
- * Wildcard restrictions also apply to the shadow forms of these Pokemon
- Only one of each Pokemon species is permitted on your team of 6. (No species duplicates!)
- Arena Rules will be followed in all other particulars.
- This is part of the Silph Road’s Ranked Voyager Cup.
- The tournament is Swiss style.
- A non-eliminating tournament format which features a set number of rounds of competition, but considerably fewer than in a round-robin tournament.
- In a Swiss tournament, each competitor does not play every other.
- The winner is the competitor with the highest aggregate points earned in all rounds.
- All competitors play in each round unless there is an odd number of players.